11/10/08

NaNoWriMo Day 10: 25272

Writing with a Group

I spent a couple of hours today writing with two LCCC students who are doing NaNoWriMo, and that was fun. Both have completed NaNo before, so I felt real awe and inspiration working with them. We traded tips for working, and one of them showed me some free software she uses for writing (I will have to get the name of it from her again, as I've already forgotten it - I need to write things down!!!!!). When I got home, I wrote some more, and now I feel I'm over the worst of the hump and have a better handle on George.

It really helped a lot to meet with other NaNos, at the beginning of this week in particular, and get back some of the excitement and inspiration I had in the beginning of the project. We're meeting again next Monday and I'm already looking forward to it!

So: definitely, group writing is a good idea!

And now I'm at the halfway mark, though now my next goal is to be at the 2/3rds mark because then I will be ready for the next hurdle: Marshall. I'm glad I decided to do this novel this way, because each of the sections is so different in so many ways.

One of the students said there's a fourth LCCC person doing NaNo who couldn't make it to today's writing session, and she is doing her novel as a series of rants. She said it's pretty funny to read. I'll bet!

~Cheerful again!

1 comment:

Sylvie Hanes said...

You are doing great! Glad you found your "cheerful self" again!

NaNo week two is tough - but it offers lots of opportunities as well. All weeks are the same in that we grow with each word, sentence, paragraph and page we develop.

Keep it up!
Cheers from Canada
Aldy (Sylvie)